Crestone Charter School

Monday, April 24, 2006

Trip Reflection

Last Tuesday we left the land of the mountains and headed for the urban land of Washington DC. Over the entire trip we learned many things and had many different experiences. It would be tedious to go through day by day of what we did on the trip, this is a reflection not a summery. It's been almost a week since we came back from the airport and memories are starting to get fuzzy for me, like the way you remember a dream. The experiences that I will be recounting are things that still stand out the clearest in my mind, even a week later.

This was the first time the middle school had gone on a plane ride. For me it wasn’t more different the any other plane trips I've gone on except there were allot more kids on the plane than usual but it still stands out. Another thing is the time difference. When we left the mile high city of Denver it was 11:00 and when we got to DC it was 4:15ish. I sense that I am droning on about nonsense, lets move on.

Another memorable day for me was the Smithsonian’s we did so much walking that day that it was ridiculous but it was worth it. We saw many Interesting exhibits in the natural history museum including the hope diamond and Teddy's elephant. In the air and space we were too tired to really pay much attention to the exhibits in there. I also liked the monuments we saw the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, World War 2 Memorial, the Vietnam wall and Arlington cemetery. I got lots of pictures that day.

The trip had its good things and its bad things, but it was a Mostly a good trip and I hope to go back to see all the things that I didn't gat a chance to see this time. I’m having some trouble with pictures right now and I have to take them off temporarily.

~Libby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home