Crestone Charter School

Friday, April 06, 2007

India: Becca's Post

In Haidakhan everything seems to be much more sanity. The Ashram has many little villages surrounding it. The river is nice and cool. I really like it here; there is some calming and peace that I have not found anywhere else in Indian yet, I have not been everywhere though.

We have been doing karma yoga morning and noon. Karma yoga is when you get rid of your bad karma. How you do that is by doing something for others and have no desire to gain anything in return. My first karma yoga project was to wash bedding that the Ashram had not found the time to do. It was fun, but at the same time the other part of our class was doing trash pickup.

We only have two more days until we are home!!!

Becca

1 Comments:

  • Welcome home. I was on the same plane as your group as far as Chicago - and your excitement and energy were contagious. You helped get my trip to Spain off to a great start. Thank you all.

    It sounds as though you had a fascinating, humbling, mystical, wonderful time in India. Your lives have been touched by travel forever, you have all been changed - in subtle ways, in magnificent ways. Welcome home -

    JBreed - Estes Park, CO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/13/2007 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home