Another long day, and ready to come home soon.
We have gotten home after a long day--from a 5 am wake-up call, down the Potomac to Mount Vernon, out for dinner and back for a quick swim after homework. We did three different Metro lines today, and the confidence is apparant in our young riders who were all new to the subway system just 5 days ago. Many of the kids are tired tonite, some cranky, but all the better (I believe) for the experiences of the week. When I try to imagine how my life could be different if I had learned from the 'real thing' as a child, rather than from a book, I look at these kids. They remain sparkly-eyed, and attract compliments often from total strangers. I alone had three different adults approach me on the river cruise today to ask about our program and our children. All were full of praise for our kids, and two of the three expressed that they would have moved to a community to have given their children the type of education that they saw in our group.
Thanks once again for all those reading this who have supported us on this trip. More pictures before the evening is over!
Washington DC greetings sfrom Anrahyah
Thanks once again for all those reading this who have supported us on this trip. More pictures before the evening is over!
Washington DC greetings sfrom Anrahyah

1 Comments:
Hi Anrahyah! That is so incredibly wonderful to hear, about strangers complimenting our type of education that makes sparkly-eyed kids!! Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time. See you soon!
Lots of love, Lori and Steve
By
Anonymous, at 4/17/2006 09:42:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home