CCS Philadelphia II (earlier enteries come below in Blogdom)
3/20
On Friday we spent the morning at the Constitution center. We watched a multi-format presentation (video, still images, actors, soundtracks, etc in a cool round theater) that explained the process and motivation of writing the Constitution. We then spent an hour exploring facets of the Constitution through a variety of interactive station: the 3 branches of government, how history has influenced and created the amendments and articles, and Schuyler had an activity where kids were to view the exhibit through the eyes of a fictional character (of different age, gender, race, socio-economic status, etc). Lastly we went through an African American retrospective that chronicled the history of Africans becoming an influential, and critical, part of the American experience, from the slave ship to freedom, from discourse to recourse, and from music and art to the increasing influence on today's world.
We finished up by heading for lunch at Reading Terminal Market and out to a movie in the afternoon. tc
Soleil:
It is really moist here and I love it. Yesterday I went to look at all those historic places… like where the Declaration of Independence was made. I also liked when we went and saw the Liberty Bell. The Liberty Bell was all pretty and I liked the crack in it because it made it more interesting to me. I like that we are walking because it gives us all exercise but my feet are killing me so bad. I loved Chinatown it was so cool. The food was amazing and I liked all the shops. Today we went to a museum called The National Constitution Center. It had a whole bunch of stuff and I saw outfits from Prince, James Brown, and a whole bunch of people. I saw a KKK outfit it was amazing and very interesting. So…so far I have been having a great time (besides my feet hurting) and I love you all back in Crestone. See you soon.
Ben: It is pretty smoggy and moist. I figured out how the liberty bell got cracked.

Nick:
This city is the most historic city I have ever seen; it is also the most magnificent. The only bad thing I have seen is a bit of smog in the sky.
Rylei:
The plane ride was long and boring and I had to wake up at 4:30 am. When we got here I had to go to bed at 10:00 pm!! Then the next day I had to walk for a really long time! I do not like walking! Then today I had to walk again to see a silly museum! Then I went and got some food, that part was ok. I love food. Now I am relaxing at the hotel and it is nice.

Trevor:
I noticed that the atmosphere in Philadelphia is much different than in Crestone. The Pollution for one thing, but also just the feeling of the city. We are staying in downtown Philadelphia, so the buildings are pretty tall and we have a pretty good view of the surrounding buildings. So I would say that Philadelphia is a much different experience than even Denver, the architecture, the people, and just the layout of the city is much different.
It is really moist here and I love it. Yesterday I went to look at all those historic places… like where the Declaration of Independence was made. I also liked when we went and saw the Liberty Bell. The Liberty Bell was all pretty and I liked the crack in it because it made it more interesting to me. I like that we are walking because it gives us all exercise but my feet are killing me so bad. I loved Chinatown it was so cool. The food was amazing and I liked all the shops. Today we went to a museum called The National Constitution Center. It had a whole bunch of stuff and I saw outfits from Prince, James Brown, and a whole bunch of people. I saw a KKK outfit it was amazing and very interesting. So…so far I have been having a great time (besides my feet hurting) and I love you all back in Crestone. See you soon.
Ben: It is pretty smoggy and moist. I figured out how the liberty bell got cracked.
Nick:
This city is the most historic city I have ever seen; it is also the most magnificent. The only bad thing I have seen is a bit of smog in the sky.
The plane ride was long and boring and I had to wake up at 4:30 am. When we got here I had to go to bed at 10:00 pm!! Then the next day I had to walk for a really long time! I do not like walking! Then today I had to walk again to see a silly museum! Then I went and got some food, that part was ok. I love food. Now I am relaxing at the hotel and it is nice.
Trevor:
I noticed that the atmosphere in Philadelphia is much different than in Crestone. The Pollution for one thing, but also just the feeling of the city. We are staying in downtown Philadelphia, so the buildings are pretty tall and we have a pretty good view of the surrounding buildings. So I would say that Philadelphia is a much different experience than even Denver, the architecture, the people, and just the layout of the city is much different.

1 Comments:
Enjoy where you are - it will be a dream before you know it!
Jason and Abba
By
Anonymous, at 3/22/2009 09:15:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home