Crestone Charter School

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Josh @ Brock and on the ranch


After a few days we finally had to say goodbye to New Orleans and drove into the Louisiana countryside. Thursday morning we visited the kids at Brock Elementary where we assembled the bookshelves. When Elise and I got to meet the 4th graders they were a little shy at first, but once we began playing several games they opened up wanted us to stay forever. I immensely enjoyed watching them engage with us, making jokes and just having a lot of fun. When they saw the books we brought them they became very excited asking if they could have their own book. I left the school feeling better than I had for the entire trip.



On the drive back the horse ranch we stopped and bought huge jumbo shrimp and a very large tuna steak. They offered us some boiled crawfish and Catherine bought 5 pounds. When we arrived back at the ranch we got to walk around, go swimming, take a nap, climb a tree, or whatever. David, the owner, walked us over to a clay wash where his previous neighbor had excavated clay for houses. The evening was very serene and seemed to calm all of us. Kailee and I climbed a tree in the pasture and later we all had dinner and it was the best I’ve had so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home